HUD Options to Stop Foreclosure

If you're too far behind to do a loan modification, there still may be another option you could discuss with your lender. It's called a "Partial Claim"-an interest-free loan from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to bring your mortgage current. You may qualify if:

  1. Your loan is at least 4 months delinquent but no more than 12 months delinquent.
  2. Your mortgage is not in foreclosure.
  3. You are able to begin making full mortgage payments.

HUD will pay your mortgage company the amount necessary to bring your mortgage current when the lender files the Partial Claim. You must execute a promissory note, and a lien will be placed on your property until the promissory note is paid in full. If you sell your house before the note is paid, the note must be paid from the proceeds of the sale. Visit HUD's website to get your questions answered about Partial Claims.



Phone ( ) -
  Alaska   Alaska  
  Arizona   Arizona  
  Arkansas   Arkansas  
  California   California  
  Colorado   Colorado  
  Connecticut   Connecticut  
  Delaware   Delaware  
  Columbia   Columbia  
  Florida   Florida  
  Georgia   Georgia  

Home Foreclosure Advisors | Request More Info | Company Info | Foreclosure Leads | Disclaimer
Loan Modification Leads | Debt Settlement Leads | Privacy | Contact Home Foreclosure Advisors

This website does not promote loan modification scams of any kind. We do not offer mortgage relief or home foreclosure assistance. Many states do not allow law firms or loan modification companies to take money up-front. Check with your state's Attorney General for more specific updated information.